This course will provide a distinct approach to studying corruption and combating corruption. Approaching the topic from a broad, interdisciplinary perspective, this course will focus on, on three main themes: What is corruption, what are its most likely causes, and best practices for combating it and achieving financial transparency?
This course is designed using diverse and multiple perspectives including law, anthropology, economics, development studies, sociology, and political science. Moreover, this holistic approach will enable the student to have a deep understanding of an interdisciplinary approach, through the development of skills
To consider the broadest complications, causes, and effects of corruption and combating corruption as solutions, on the other hand, it will present the best possible practical practices for implementing financial transparency standards in the field of business and organizations.
The teaching team, which combines academic and professional training skills, will teach you and introduce you to Financial Transparency & Anti-Corruption best practices, trends and recent issues.
All units are taught by experienced lecturers who hold a PhD and have spent many years working in various companies.
This Online DBA program will enable you to:
- Gain a unique understanding of both the theoretical and the practical intricacies of identifying, measuring, and fighting corruption.
- Create and Conduct professional competency building activities toward finical transparency.
- Being able to build models of applicable financial transparency systems that are consistent with the culture and organizational structure of business organizations.
- Deepen your knowledge of business sector anti-corruption compliance and collective action using ethics, law, economics, behavioral sciences, auditing, compliance management, anti-money laundering, procurement, etc.
- Apply global best practices in fighting corruption and compliance within local and transnational regulatory frameworks, for both private and state-run companies
- Enhance your skills in identifying and mitigating different types of risks and conducting internal investigations
- Enhance your practical skills through methodologies and tools presented during the Compliance Lab
- Develop new ideas for starting and managing collective action initiatives against corruption in your organization and sector
- Learn from an interdisciplinary approach to studying corruption, drawing on academic perspectives from a combination of theoretical and applied perspectives.
- Examine and critically challenge prohibited structures and policies to fight corruption.
- Gain the skills and confidence to pursue a career in a wide range of settings including business, Government, consultancy, NGOs, media, press and academia.